DCJ desires to provide an internship experience that will provide meaningful opportunities for experiencing the professional non-profit office setting, to learn and practice administrative skills, to observe programming in action, and to learn about the role and services offered by our organization. Pending office needs, DCJ will offer both program-specific internships allowing an individual a specialized experience as well as agency-wide internships allowing an individual learn about a variety of DCJ programs and operations. Applicants should indicate areas of interest when applying in order to facilitate appropriate placement.
Proposed activities and tasks may include:
- Performing administrative tasks for the office (preparing for meetings, organizing administrative spaces, assisting in preparation of mailings and informational packets)
- Providing administrative assistance & support to front desk
- Assisting the organization with managing inmate correspondence
- Attending meetings with program staff
- Meeting with staff to discuss DCJ’s programs
- Assisting DCJ with the planning and execution of fundraising and public education events (including the Annual Celebration and the Visions of Justice forum)
- Researching best practices in the field and preparing issue briefs and reports
- Other tasks as identified by management and staff
DCJ will accept interns three times annually. DCJ may occasionally accept project-specific interns on a rolling basis.
September-December Internship: Applications due August 1
January-May Internship: Applications due November 15
May- August Internship: Applications due April 1
To apply, complete this application and send, along with a resume, to email@example.com by the appropriate deadline.