Who We Are
What began as the Prisoner’s Aid Society in 1920 has evolved into an organization that currently serves both adults and youth who are justice-involved – transforming the delivery of justice in Delaware and implementing programs that facilitate fresh starts for victims of crime, youth at risk, and the incarcerated. We are a diverse staff with one vision – to continue the legacy of making a difference in Delaware.
The Delaware Center for Justice, Inc. is the leading non-profit organization in Delaware committed to transforming the quality of justice through advocacy, policy, and practice.
The Delaware Center for Justice is committed to:
In pursuit of a higher quality of justice, DCJ focuses on issues and actions impacting the criminal justice system, including:
- Conditions of confinement
- Alternatives to incarceration
- Re-entry initiatives for incarcerated populations
- More cost-effective & efficient use of limited corrections resources
- Legislative reform
- Meeting the needs of victims of crime
- Crime prevention & intervention programs